Welcome to the official website of Foshan Xiaguang Food Co., Ltd.!
Service Hotline: 0757-82837084 Fax: 0757-82814137
Custard powder is a kind of spice powder, in the form of powder, light yellow or light orange yellow, with strong milky and fruity aroma, is composed of bulking agent, stabilizer, edible flavor, food coloring, milk powder, starch and filler combination made. Originally, custard powder was mainly used for making pastries and puddings in Western food, but it was later introduced by Hong Kong chefs before being used in Chinese cooking. The custard powder is easy to melt and is suitable for soft, fragrant and smooth hot and cold desserts (such as cakes, egg rolls, stuffing, bread, egg tarts and other pastries). Ideal food spice powder.
Custard powder can be used to make custard sauce (commonly used filling in western pastries), custard filling (special powder), cheese cakes and other soft, fragrant and smooth hot and cold desserts (such as cakes, egg rolls) , stuffing, bread, fruit tarts, biscuits, puddings, egg tarts and other pastries), mainly for their special aroma and taste.
Originally, custard powder was mainly used for making pastries and puddings in Western food, but it was later introduced by Hong Kong chefs before being used in Chinese cooking. In practical application, we should clarify the dosage. If used improperly, the advantages of custard powder will turn into disadvantages under certain conditions.
1. When making deep-fried dishes that need to maintain the original flavor of the raw materials, adding a large amount of custard powder can increase the color and crispness of the dishes, but the milky and fruity flavors will mask the original flavors of the raw materials and make the dishes. Losing the characteristics, in fact, if you use another leavening agent to cook such dishes, and then add a coloring agent, you can avoid it;
2. Adding custard powder when the fish, shrimp and crab meat is sizing will definitely lose the original flavor of fish, shrimp and crab meat after the dish is finished, and even make the taste nondescript;
3. The custard powder is used for the taste of the raw materials of the dishes, mainly lime juice, fruit juice and Hong Kong-style sweet and sour sauce dishes. For spare ribs, you can add a proper amount of custard powder, about 15 grams is appropriate;
4. When custard powder is used to thicken dishes, the dosage ratio is to add 2 to 5 grams of custard powder per 500 grams of raw materials, and it should be mixed with water starch and homogenate;
5. When the custard powder is used for the preparation of the quenched paste, 15% of the custard powder can be added to the paste.
Benefits of custard powder:
1. Fragrance is to make the product have a strong milky and fruity aroma
2. To add color, adding custard powder to the paste can produce bright yellow; and this warm color can greatly increase the appetite
3. To increase the crispness and make the product shape, add custard powder to the bulky paste, after frying, the product is crispy but not soft and deflated, and the shape is beautiful
4. Strong stick-slip, adding custard powder when thickening some dishes can produce stick-slip, good thickening effect and good transparency of gravy
Taboo crowd: People with qi deficiency constitution, yang deficiency constitution and yin deficiency constitution should eat less custard powder
Suitable for the crowd: Most people can eat custard powder.
Preservation method: high-quality custard powder is fine and uniform, and attention should be paid to moisture-proof, mildew-proof and peculiar-proof.